Unlocking the power of Agile
Strategenics recently hosted the inaugural Atlassian User Group in Brisbane.
Our guest speaker, Scott Goh-Davis, flew up from the Atlassian Sydney office to talk about unlocking the power of agile. Scott is a Certified Scrum Master who has worked for major content management companies over the last 20 years. As part of the Solutions Engineering team, Scott collaborates with some of Atlassian’s largest customers across APAC.
Some very enthusiastic Atlassian Users were treated to an insight into how Scott and his team reach best practices and how they achieve a successful agile environment in day-to-day business.
Steps to agile
1. Culture – Before anything else, getting your culture ready for change is the most important step. Understanding shared responsibility, cross-pollination of teams and common goals.
2. Practices – Next is to review all possible methodologies and processes that would best suite a new structure and culture.
3. Tools – Finally, once everything is ready and everyone is on board, moving forward with the correct tools to compliment workflow will bring everything together. The infinity loop at Atlassian ensures their suite of products integrate not only with one another, but with a myriad of 3rd party products.
Addressing Team Culture
Atlassian’s Team Playbook is the place to start when addressing team culture. Atlassian use this internally and Strategenics can work with your team to begin implementing these changes early.
4 important take-aways
1. Start with team playbooks
2. Question traditional roles and responsibilities
3. Utilise Jira reports to assess the impact
4. Continually experiment and adjust
Don’t miss out on any future Brisbane Atlassian User Groups. Get in touch today to be added to our mailing list.
If you are in need of a health check for your business, require a review or workshop to explore better practices and methodologies, or need assistance with setting up or improving an Atlassian product, then call Strategencis today for a FREE consultation.
Be Bold. Make your next move. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can!