Strategenics is an innovation and problem-solving organisation. We are in business to help people, businesses and communities transform to reach their potential in the digital age. We achieve this through our diverse offerings across three practices: Data Science and Analytics, Technology Solutions, and Strategy and Transformation.
We are currently seeking a proactive, professional and experienced Software Developer to join our growing team.
• Significant structured development experience – quick to pick up new languages if you haven’t used Ruby on Rails – we use Rails 5, but have also built things backed by NodeJS, Elixir, and others
• Knowledge of how to work with a Linux terminal
• Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines’ role in the development process – we use GitLab CI
• Solid understanding of source control systems and processes – we use Git with Feature Branches
• Knowledge of microservice design patterns
• Comfortable with Agile development processes, peer reviews, Sprints and deadlines for delivery
• You take a personal pride in the quality of your work
• You are proactive and creative enabling you to identify potential issues and evaluate different approaches to arrive at pragmatic, evidence-based solutions
• You enjoy working with others, actively seeking to collaborate with your team to understand project and organisational needs and tap into other’s expertise to deliver solutions
We are a close-knit team who pride ourselves on working hard to deliver value for our clients. We also have a friendly, supportive and fun environment – you spend a significant amount of your waking hours at work so it’s important you can enjoy it too! It also helps that we’re conveniently located close to the beautiful Botanic Gardens, cafes, bars and shops.
We’ll provide you with a high-performance laptop, big screen monitor and access to all the software you need to do your job effectively. We have a performance-based culture so you’ll have individualised, agreed outcome measures documented in your Performance and Development Plan, providing a baseline for bi-annual salary reviews and learning and development activities.
We also offer flexible work arrangements because it’s all about outcomes and you need never work on your birthday again (yes– everybody is entitled to Birthday Leave!).
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to work – apply now!
To submit an application for this role, simply submit your resume via firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss this opportunity please contact Rachel Coe at email@example.com or on 07 3102 7224.