Strategenics is an innovation and problem-solving organisation. We are in business to help people, businesses and communities transform to reach their potential in the digital age. We achieve this through our specialist capabilities across: Data Science and Analytics, Technology Solutions, and Strategy and Transformation.
We are currently seeking a graduate to bring their passion and talent for UX/UI to our cutting-edge product that will disrupt major project procurement! You will be supported in your career development from day one through a distinct education and training collaboration between Strategenics and QUT, as well as the opportunity to join our close-knit team of passionate digital technology designers.
Join a team where you can collaborate with fellow designers and developers, within an agile, innovative and collaborative work environment in our digital transformation agency. Initially for a fixed term of 12 months, there is definitely the possibility of extension for the right person.
• Prototyping (paper, low-fidelity, high-fidelity)
• Presenting design options to inform an optimal user experience
• Assisting with improvements to existing design
• Facilitate user-centered research through user interviews, usage analysis, and usability testing
• Apply User Interface Design and User Centred Design principals
• Develop and maintain design mock-ups, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps and other design documents
• Analysing user research outcomes and creating appropriate deliverables (e.g. user profiles, scenarios, personas, user requirements, user pathways, storyboards, visual story lines, etc.)
• Producing and providing input into a range of documentation regarding user research activities
• First and foremost, you are a customer focussed, team player who doesn’t hesitate to go over and above to get the job done. Organisational culture is very important to us – we want someone who takes their work commitments seriously but also likes to have fun!
• You’re a skilled communicator – verbally and in writing, across business and technical audiences
• Ability to turn complex information and interactions into simple, well-considered solutions
• Excellent analytical skills, with a very organized approach to all projects
• You have a genuine passion for influencing user behaviour through the intelligent design of interactive experiences.
• Your portfolio of visual interaction strategies clearly demonstrates your ability to apply user experience theory to product design.
• You have a demonstrated understanding of Usability, User Centred Design techniques and Human Factors considerations to technology and business systems design
You have a bachelor’s degree with honours, master’s degree or a PhD qualification in:
• Design (Interactive and Visual Design),
• Games and Interactive Environments (Software Technologies), or
• Computing (Human Interface Technology).
Applicants with qualifications and skills from other suitable fields are strongly encouraged to apply.
Located above the Port Office hotel, we’re close to the beautiful Botanic Gardens, cafes, bars and shops.
We are a relatively small and close-knit team who pride ourselves on working hard but still making time to have fun. We are growing quickly so there is plenty of opportunity for career progression. We provide a supportive environment that empowers our people to thrive and the autonomy and accountability to shape your own success.
As a graduate, you will be provided with the support, mentoring and coaching that you need to grow into the role and truly make it your own – both on the job and through external supervision by an expert in the field at QUT. You’ll also be provided with a high-performance laptop, big screen monitor and access to all the software you need to do your job effectively.
To submit an application for this role, please supply the following documents:
• A cover letter (1 page maximum) about how your skills, experience and qualification match the requirements of the role;
• A tailored resume outlining your knowledge, skills and experience as well as the name and contact details of two referees.
To discuss this opportunity please contact Rachel Coe at email@example.com or 07 3102 7224.
Applications close for this opportunity: Friday 11 May 2018