Project Management Case StudyHelping higher education engage and nurture the young minds for our future
Strategenics was appointed by a large tertiary education institute in a project recovery role for an Online Applications project. The project was a priority business transformation project for the client and overseen by two key senior stakeholders. The Online Applications project was to deliver significant financial benefits by automating and expediting applications for student enrolment by providing a web-based application process and workflow.
The Strategenics Solution:
• A team of consultants were assembled with skills and capabilities covering Waterfall and Agile Project Management, Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture, Change Management and Business Analysis.
• Our team established full project ownership including development of a Project Steering Group, prepared a terms of reference, established key deliverables and refined the project recovery schedule and timeframes of deliverables. Strategenics also established project controls including management logs, financial considerations, reporting requirements, as well as clarification of tools and documentation structures.
• The team revisited and revised key project documentation with the stakeholders, confirming scope and expectations.
• In order to assess the intended solution, Strategenics used The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) as a high level holistic approach, and looked at the four levels in terms of solution capability: Business, Application, Information, and Technology. This allowed for a gap analysis to be performed and various options to be discussed, quantified and evaluated.
• Strategenics provided extensive solutions delivery and business transformation to the client delivered at a high level in two phases. Phase two is still underway.